OLAF TOPLINE GUIDE | LoL 8.4
I will cover advanced tips/tricks and information in this guide and leave out all the basics.
So why play Olaf top when you can just play meta champions?
- Olaf is very fun to play and I personally never get bored of him;
- He can dominate lane from lvl 1;
- 2v1’s are easy if slightly ahead;
- High skillcap;
- Pretty easy to pick up and do decent;
- Amazing skins;
- Snowballs out of control if you get an advantage.
Olaf runes in LoL 8.4:
Olaf Tips/Tricks from the professional player
I played a LOT of games as an Olaf so I can give you some advice:
- If you use your Ultimate before Teleporting you can avoid being interrupted and escape ganks etc.
- Save your [E] ability for the final blow on champions and minions. Otherwise, you will not refund the HP cost!
- Use your [W] ability out of combat to heal faster in the Fountain, get more HP from Honeyfruit-plants or to increase your HP regen.
- Time your ultimate to make use of the full duration. For example. If you are chasing a Tristana with ultimate up. Pop your ultimate as soon as she channels her R.
- Or if you are fighting a Poppy, use your ultimate when you think she is gonna knock you away with her ultimate.
- Always max [Q]>[E]>[W] no matter what. Better waveclear, better all-in damage and it’s AOE.
- Whenever you throw a Q, throw it as short as possible while still hitting the target. This will maximize your all-in damage and efficiency.
- Whenever you get minion aggro from a trade, go into a bush as soon as possible to drop it. (Also as of patch 8.2 Olaf’s E now draws minion aggro).
- Generally, you should always use your Teleport after your 1st back. Otherwise, you fall behind in xp which is super important in the early game.
- Also, your main objective before you go to base for the first time is to get 800 Gold so you can get Kindlegem and then Teleport back for a big power spike.
- Your other Teleports should all be used for Objectives or flanks!
Conclusion about Olaf in Ranked Matches
The best tip I can give you is to play ALOT of games. This shouldn’t come as a surprise but it is hands down best way to improve at the game itself and the champion.
If you play enough you will reach a point where you don’t have to focus on your cooldowns and you will know your limits etc. When you reach this state you can put all your focus on the macro play which will win you more games in the end!