1 Dec 2016
Quintessence of Movement Speed
Seal of Armor
Glyph of Magic Resist
Mark of Attack Speed
Must buy items for lane
Final items to choose from
- Ghost + Teleport – What you should take the majority of the time. Ghost is incredibly good after the buffs it received. It’s perfect for sticking to targets and the cooldown is pretty low compared to flash. Teleport is absolutely necessary for top lane. You can take ignite if you just want to stomp lane and stay Top instead of Teleporting to objectives. Alternatively you can also stomp lane with Flash Ghost.
- Flash + Teleport – Flash can be good against champions with abilities you might need to dodge, like Riven or Malphite, and Jarvan to escape his ult.
- Starting Items – Doran’s Blade has good stats to duel and sustain. Corrupting Potion is also good for sustain and for the extra DoT damage when doing an All-in. Doran’s Shield is good against ranged bullies.
- Final Items – Go Black Cleaver if they have a Top or Jungler who will get a lot of armor, or go Trinity Force if against a generally squishy team comp. If you want to be the engage on your team, get Deadman’s Plate, if not go Randuin’s since the stats are better and the active is great for dueling people. Zz’Rot is pretty good as it gives you bonus movement speed when fighting around towers, and it allows you to place it Top Lane and roam. Spirit Visage is always better than Banshees as it increases your healing by a good amount and gives you more CDR. Righteous Glory is even better than Deadman’s for engaging, but it offers no resistances so be careful and try not to rush it before other resistance items. Boots depend on matchup, Swifties I usually get when I’m going TriForce with Stormraider’s Surge. Sterak’s is good when you’re ahead but should definitely be sold for a tankier item late game. Warmog’s is not listed as I rarely ever get it, but it can be good if the enemy team has no %HP damage and you’re against poke comps.
- Marks – Attack Speed is best as it allows you to get Bleed stacks faster. If you’re new to Darius you might want Attack Damage though as it will help you farm.
- Seals – Flat armor is the safest. If you’re experienced and know how to survive until Lv6 you can try running HP per level or Armor per level.
- Glyphs – Flat MR if against an early AP bully. Go per level MR if you’re against a Top who does only physical damage.
- Quints – Movement Speed is the best stat to get from quints for Darius. If you’re against a strong early duelist like Riven and want to be safe you can go Attack Speed with Attack Damage marks.
- 12-0-18 – what you should take most of the time. Most masteries are pretty self explanatory. Unyielding doesn’t offer that much and health regen for sustain is better. Tough Skin because dueling. Runic Armor has more value for your Q heal than Veteran’s Scars. Reduced Summoner Spells is always better than health regen. Tenacity is a valuable stat but you can go Legendary Guardian if they don’t have much CC. I believe Strength of the Ages is more worth it in the long run but Undying is safer.
- 12-18-0 – Choose this if you plan to go Trinity Force as you can proc Stormraider’s Surge pretty easily and it’s really good. Go Savagery, Assassin, Merciless, Dangerous Game, and Precision.
- I like to start W when I’m against someone melee that might try to duel/trade with me like Riven, Irelia, Trynd. Starting Q is safe but it can make you push the wave when trading.
- As for maxing order…. you literally gain almost nothing from maxing W second after the rework, while you get more %Armor Pen from E so yeah..
- Play level 1-3 safe.
- You’re one of the strongest duelists so should generally win trades if you get stacks and get your Q heal off.
- If you’re trading with someone and you Q, position yourself right to get the heal off. If you pull and W, you usually have to take a step back to hit them with the perfect Q.
- If you’re against a melee champ try to W them everytime they go near you for a minion.
- Don’t use W immediately after pulling someone. Your pull applies a slow so it’s better to land 1 auto or a Q after the pull and then use the W reset.
- Be careful when using your Q to poke/trade as it might push your wave into an unfavorable spot.
- If you don’t think you can win trades then just wait till Lv6. You should definitely get a secured kill 99% of the time.
- Try to get 5 stacks as fast as possible on your closest target, even if it’s a useless tank.
- Hold onto your ult until you know its 100% a guaranteed kill. Getting Noxian Might off and the Ult reset going is crucial for you in fights.
- Sometimes you should let your team know that they should try their best to let you ult someone instead of taking the kill for themselves, as they usually don’t think about what Darius can do.
- As soon as you get the Noxian Might buff you should do your best to keep the buff going for as long as possible. Also now that you have the buff you can move on from the tank and try applying it to their carries or multiple people with a well placed Q. A 5 Stacks Q with an Auto is usually enough to execute a squishy with Ult afterwards.
- Don’t try to dive their backline too hard, if you’re one of the only frontliners you will be focused and brought down quickly so it’s better to play safe and peel for your carries.
You also may be interested in: