Hextech crafting is League of Legends reward system which allows players to get ingame content like champions or skins for free. LoL crafting system is directly connected with another ingame system – champion mastery. Thus we will expalin how this system works first (if you already know it – you can scroll down it do the hextech crafting part).
WHAT IS CHAMPION MASTERY?
Champion mastery is the League of Legends system which determines your performance by a champion (in comparison with all other players who have played that champion on the same position) with the help of ingame grades: D, C, B, A and S (adittionaly you may gain “+” and “–” to such rating which means that amount of possible grades you may gain is 15, from D- to S+). Grades are not permanent and just describe your performance in the specific game.
Depending on the grade you received for your ingame performance you will gain specific amount of the score points. The higher the grade the more score points you will get. By collecting such points you unlock new champion mastery tiers and cosmetic rewards which are depended on how far you went in the progress with the certain champion. Such progress is displayed by tiers (with associated awards).
REWARDS BY MASTERY TIERS
- On champion mastery Level or Tier 1 you will gain: First crest
- On champion mastery Level or Tier 2 you will gain: Second crest
- On champion mastery Level or Tier 3 you will gain: Third crest
- On champion mastery Level or Tier 4 you will gain: Fourth crest, Loading screen badge, Custom Emote, Annoucment Banner
- On champion mastery Level or Tier 5 you will gain: Fifth crest, Loading screen badge, Custom Emote, Annoucment Banner
CHAMPION MASTERY REWARDS APPEARANCE
AMOUNT OF SCORE POINTS YOU NEED TO EARN TO LEVEL UP YOUR TIER
Before you will play at least one game with champion it will be considered as tier 0 or “unplayed” status. Thus to gain tier 1 you need to play at least one game with a champion.
- Amount of points you need to level up tier 2: 1800
- Amount of points you need to level up tier 3: 4200 or totally 6000 points
- Amount of points you need to level up tier 4: 6600 or totally 12600 points
- Amount of points you need to level up tier 5: 9000 or totally 21600 points
Usually it takes between 15 and 30 games to level up tier 5.
You will keep earning mastery points even after achievement tier 5. The total amount of points will be displayed in your profile below the champion portrait.
FACTORS AFFECTING THE AMOUNT OF SCORE POINTS GAIN
- Your ingame performance and respectively the grade you earned
- If your team won or lost
- Party bonus if you played a premade game with your friends:
- 1 player: no bonus
- 2 players: 2% bonus of earned score points
- 3 players: 4% bonus of earned score points
- 4 players: 6% bonus of earned score points
- 5 players: 10% bonus of earned score points
The final formula looks this way: CHAMPION MASTERY SCORE POINTS GAIN = GRADE (from D- to S+) + GAME OUTCOME (win or lose) + PARTY BONUS
LOL CHAMPION MASTERY SYSTEM APPLICABILITY
There are a few basic requirements to take a part in the League of Legends champion mastery system and get score points after game:
- Summoner level of your account should be 5 or higher
- There are only few game modes playing which you will gain score points: Blind Pick, Draft, Team builder and Ranked games on the Summoner’s Rift
CHAMPION MASTERY SYSTEM: DETAILS
- Only you can see your grades, they are not visible to anyone else.
- When giving out grades system compares your performance to all other players in your region. However matchmaking rating MMR (our guide about MMR, will be open in a new tab) or rank position are not considered. Thus you can be the “best” player in your region if you are bronze player, you just need to get as much S+ as possible.
- System rates your performance depending on different game metrics which developers keep in a secret. This was made to any abuse of the system like ward spaming or AFK farming.
HEXTECH CRAFTING IN LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
Hextech crafting is League of Legends reward system. The key element of this system are Mastery Chests and Keys. Keys unlock Mastery Chests at the Hextech Crafting Table, which contain “Loot”. Loot is a general term for Rare Gems, content-specific Shards, Champion Essence and Cosmetic Essence, with the possibility for multiple drops (there is no chance of Essence-only chests)).
HOW TO EARN MASTERY CHESTS
- You or your party maybe has to earn at least S- rank in the champion mastery system. This way you can earn up to 4 chests per month and only 1 chest per a champion.
- You can buy a chest in the ingame shop for 125 RP. Purchased chests won’t affect the limit of 4 chests you can gain through champion mastery system.
HOW TO EARN KEYS
- There is a chance to get a key with each matchmade win. The more people in your party the bigger is the chance to get a key.
- You can buy a key in the ingame shop for 125 RP.
CRAFTING BULK DISCOUNTS
You also can buy a pack of a key and chest for 195 RP and 5 keys + 5 chests for 975 RP.
LOOT SYSTEM IN LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
When you combine Chest and Key at Hextech Crafting Table you will get a Loot. There 4 types of loot:
- Rare gems (used to create unique skins – Hextech Annie skin and Hextech ward skin)
- Shards (used to unlock permanent content, each shard has a portrait of a champion)
- Champion essence (can be spend on champion shards to unlock champions)
- Cosmetic essence (can be spend on skin shards to permanently unlock skins)
They are split in 5 categories:
- CHAMPIONS LOOT
- SKIN LOOT
- WARD SKINS LOOT
- SUMMONER ICON LOOT
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH SHARDS:
- Re-roll 3 shards of the same type to create a random permanent champion/skin of that type
- Disenchant a shard to get some essence
- Spend a shard to get that champion/skin in a use for a week
- Upgrade to permanent skin/champion for essence
HEXTECH CRAFTING: UNIQUE FREE LOL SKINS
Rare Gems can be used to create two unique skins Hextech Annie and Hextech Ward which can be obtained only through lol crafting system. Each of these skins are requiring 10 Rare Gems to be crafted.
Hextech Annie skin spotlight (we even placed this skin in our best league of legends skins chart)
Hextech Ward skin spotlight
The following content we provide may interest you: